Saturday, June 7, 2008

Good news poetry submission - MiPO

A little poetry brag again today.

This morning, I submitted a few poems to MiPOesias and within an hour got a response back from the editor. She wants one of the poems for a future issue of MiPO. It's a piece written recently, one I held onto with the group especially for a MiPO submission as I have been eyeing this excellent magazine for several months and I am super happy and honored to get this good news today. It's a print and PDF version journal.

MiPO website is here
There are links there to purchase current and past issues of MiPO.

Here's a sample of a recent issue that is online also. Great stuff!

The editor, Didi Menendez is also an artist and has a really cool blog displaying her art here

2 comments:

MAYA said...

Oh my God! Congratulations,Calder!!!!!
I'm so happy for you.........I love to see that "real"talented people are recognized by many people.

And thank you for your comments.....I hope I can upload more various picture,but with cellphone I can take pictures onle like this unfortunately....haha

Calder said...

Many thanks to you Maya for this visit and your nice comment. You are very sweet.

I do not know when it will be published yet (what date) but Didi Menendez, the MiPO editor, has already sent me the finished pages to proofread and I am really happy with them. She is very talented and creative editor. They turned out really good I think. It will also include a photo of me too along with the poem that was accepted for publication. I am looking forward to buying a copy when it is released.

Peace and love to you friend!